How adorable are these peanut butter cup spider cookies!? 🕷🥜 After browsing Pinterest and seeing so many cute Halloween dessert ideas, I became inspired to recreate one using only all-natural & vegan-friendly ingredients. Although I would not call these “healthy”, they do contain clean ingredients you can actually understand/pronounce! I believe if you’re going to treat yourself to sweets, you should still be conscientious of what’s in them.
Instead of using regular mini Reeses, I swapped them for mini organic Justin’s peanut butter cups! The Justin’s team was kind enough to send me over a few peanut butter cups when I told them I was writing this post so thank you Justin’s!
Below is my favorite vegan peanut butter cookie recipe. It is extremely simple and takes only 20 minutes to make! Right after the recipe I’ve included instructions on how to make the spider cookies! Enjoy! 🕷
Recipe: All-Natural / Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies 🥜
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter and brown sugar until creamy. Once creamy, mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining dry ingredients together (oat flour, baking soda, and salt).
- While beating the peanut butter mixture, gradually add in the dry ingredient mixture until dough forms. Add the almond milk until combined but be sure to not over mix!
- Roll 2 tbsp of dough into balls and place 2 inches apart on the parchment-lined pan. Slightly flatten the balls with your palm.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookie edges start to turn golden (be careful not to burn them!).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
How to Make Spider Cookies 🕷
- Justin’s Mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (available online or at Target)
- Vegan Chocolate Frosting (I used Wholesome Organic Chocolate Frosting)
- Candy Eyes (available at Walmart, Target, Michael’s, AC Moore, and some grocery stores)
- Piping bag (can also use a regular ziplock bag with corner snipped)
- Optional: spider-web doilies 🕸 (available online at Walmart, I saw them in both Target & AC Moore)
- Optional: orange napkins
- Using a small amount of frosting, stick a Justin’s peanut butter cup face down in the center of a cookie.
- Add frosting to a piping bag and pipe 8 spider legs on top of the cookie. If you do not have a piping bag, add frosting to a ziplock bag and snip off a tiny piece of one of the bag’s corners to use to pipe the legs.
- Attach the eyes using a small dot of frosting.
- Place in the fridge to cool.
- Optional: Lay a spider web doily over an orange napkin to display your cookies on!
Justin’s Organic Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
If you read last’s years Halloween post, you know I am a die-hard Justin’s peanut butter cup fan (I eat way more of these than I care to admit). If you are a chocolate-loving fan of Justin’s nut butters, I guarantee you will LOVE these! 🍫
Why I Love Them:
- The chocolate is super rich and the perfect compliment to Justin’s smooth peanut butter.
- They are 100% natural and USDA certified organic (no hidden scary ingredients).
- They are Rainforest Alliance Certified (learn more about this impressive certification)
- The palm oil found in Justin’s is certified sustainable meaning it does not lead to deforestation and habitat loss!
- The dark chocolate cups are vegan! (please note: they are manufactured on the same equipment as the milk chocolate cups but the equipment is thoroughly cleaned in between batches to prevent cross-contamination)
I hope you try this recipe and love it as much as I do! Have a Happy Halloween!
My friends at Beauty by Earth are hosting an AMAZING giveaway for all of us Target lovers!
How to Enter:
It’s free and super easy to sign up – you simply enter your name and email address through my link. Once you have entered, you will receive your own unique link which you can share with your friends/family to earn bonus points! Anytime someone uses your link to enter, you will both earn 5 extra points! Sounds like a win-win situation 🙂
You can also earn bonus entries by sharing your unique code on your social media accounts. Remember, the more people you get to enter the contest using your code, the better your odds of winning!
WE HAVE A WINNER..
THIS GIVEAWAY IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED.
THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED!
I am absolutely in LOVE with this week’s giveaway! With 2017 right around the corner, I figured it would be a good idea to help one lucky reader get ready for the new year with some planning essentials! Enter to win your very own 2017 Planner Kit!
This giveaway features two brands that are personal favorites of mine: Sugar Paper and Ashley Brooke Designs. Up for grabs are…
Enter the giveaway below and keep scrolling past the giveaway plugin to learn more about each prize! 😊
*If you haven’t already, check out my “Choosing Your Perfect Planning System: 2017 Edition” blog post to see my top picks for planners!
Enter the Giveaway
- Open to anyone at least 18 years old with a valid U.S. or Canada mailing address.
- You have until Saturday, December 17 at 11:59 pm EST to enter.
- The winner is randomly generated through the Gleam Plugin.
- The winner will be announced Monday, December 18 at 12 pm EST via this blog post, social media, and email.
- Use the Gleam plugin below to enter the giveaway (may take a few moments to load).
- How to Enter: Submit at least one entry option using the “Gleam” plugin provided on this site.
- There are opportunities to earn extra entries and increase your odds of winning!
- Simply pick and choose as many or as few as you would like. You need to complete at least 1 entry to be added to the giveaway pool. Additional entries are completely optional.
- Certain entry options are weighted more heavily than others.
- If you are already following on any of the social media platforms, that is fine – just list your name/username for it to be counted!
- All entries requiring following/liking will be checked and verified before the winner is drawn – any missing likes/comments will not be credited as an entry.
2017 Planner Kit Giveaway featuring Sugar Paper & Ashley Brooke Designs!
- Value: $14.99
- Dimensions: 8.3″ long x 6″ wide
- 2-page month view (Jan 2017-Dec 2017)
- 2-page horizontal week view
- Extra notes pages in the back of planner
Shop other products from Sugar Paper in their online store, at Target.com (and in-store) or check them out on Instagram!
- Value = $38.00
- 12 hand-illustrated monthly calendars printed on thick card stock
- Comes with a heavy/foldable gold easel!
- Dimensions: 5″x7″
- Jan 2017-Dec 2017
Shop other products from Ashley Brooke Designs in their online store or check them out on Instagram!
You have until December 17th at 11:59 pm to enter! Good Luck!
Disclaimer: This giveaway is in no way sponsored by Sugar Paper or Ashley Brooke Designs. There are no affiliate links included in this post. All opinions are entirely my own!
WE HAVE A WINNER..
THIS GIVEAWAY IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED.
THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED!
To celebrate the blog’s launch, I am offering an awesome giveaway valued at $245! I LOVE giving gifts so I thought what better idea than to give away some of my favorite things as a thank you for your early support. I can’t wait for one of you to get this box of goodies in the mail 🙂
Enter the Giveaway:
- For U.S. residents only.
- You have until Tuesday, August 23 at 11:59pm EST to enter. All mandatory entry criteria must be met in order to be counted.
- A winner will be announced Wednesday, August 24 at 12pm EST via social media and email.
Happy entering…and GOOD LUCK!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
1. The Wet Brush | Pro Original Detangler and Mini Combo Pack = $12
- Trust me when I say this brush is life-changing. Say goodbye to all that time wasted untangling your hair and all that breakage! Bonus – it comes with a super cute mini brush for your purse.
2. 100% Pure | Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream = $15
- This product is a staple in my skincare routine. It has been a lifesaver in preventing puffiness/dark circles under my eyes. I even make my boyfriend use it and he loves it. Try it for yourself and let me know what you think!
3. Mai Couture | Highlighter Papier (St.Barts) = $18
- If you have never tried highlighter sheets you are in for a treat. I keep this product in my purse and use it midway through the day when my skin needs a little pick-me-up. The sheets can be used on both the face and body and compliment all skin tones. To use, remove one sheet and lightly press on desired areas of face/body. So easy and so pretty!
4. John Tenniel | Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland: A Coloring Book = $13
- I have been wanting to try an adult coloring book so when I saw this I had to buy it. Anyone else mesmerized by Alice in Wonderland? A great stress reliever or rainy day activity. The floral pages are my favorite 😉
5. It’s a 10 | Miracle Leave-in Plus Keratin (2 fl oz) = $12
- This tiny bottle is pricey but worth every penny. Spray in your hair after you shower and your knots will detangle with little effort. The keratin-infused formula helps strengthen hair while preventing breakage and frizz. I know numerous people who use this product and say it drastically improved their hair’s quality. I HIGHLY recommend it! (FYI: it’s not as clean of a formula as the rest of my beauty routine but it is cruelty-free)
6. Acure Organics | Brightening Facial Scrub (4 oz) = $4
- This is the best natural facial scrub I have come across. I use it bi-weekly to gently exfoliate my face without drying out my skin. After using, I am left with a more even skin tone and baby soft skin. Best part? It’s 100% cruelty-free and vegan.
7. MY Konjac Sponge | French Pink Clay Facial Sponge = $10
- Konjac sponges take washing your face to a new level. This sponge is 100% natural/vegan and is great for sensitive skin. I use it when I wake up to gently exfoliate my face before I apply moisturizer/makeup AND at night to wash it all off.
8. 100% Pure | Lip Creamstick (Cake) = $25
- This is probably the best feeling lip product I have ever used. It not only looks great on, it also nourishes your lips. I have it in 3 colors so I knew I had to include it in this giveaway!
9. Orgain | Organic Vegan Protein Powder 2lb (Chocolate or Vanilla) = $40
- There are a lot of plant-based protein powders out there.. but how many are organic and actually taste as good as they are for you? In my opinion, Orgain is the best vegan protein product on the market. This is the only protein powder I will drink. I drink a shake once a day so it has become a staple of my plant-based diet. Winner gets the choice between a vanilla or chocolate tub.
10. Little Words Project | “Explore” Bracelet = $26
- If you haven’t heard of this amazing company, allow me to introduce you to Little Words Project. Their bracelets feature an inspirational word surrounded by a strand of Sworvorski crystals. Each bracelet comes with a unique numbered tag so you can register it on their website (so cool). You wear the little word for as long as you need and then pass it on to someone else who could use a little inspiration. Talk about a beautiful concept 🙂
11. Fringe Studio | Saturday Tray = $14
- This little jewelry tray speaks the truth! What an adorable addition to anyone’s vanity.
12. Lily Lolo | Black Vegan Mascara = $20
- Ask anyone in the natural/cruelty-free beauty world, this is one of the (if not the) best mascara on the market. I know I’m a believer!
13. Orgain | Organic Superfoods Powder (Original) = $30
- I love Orgain so much I had to include my second favorite product in this giveaway! This powder is a blend of 50 organic superfoods in one great tasting powder. It contains organic vegetables, fruits, fiber (7 grams/serving) and probiotics (5 billion/serving). The perfect addition to help you boost the nutrition of your shakes!
14. Justin’s | Mini Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups = $6
- These are my guilty pleasure and I eat them more often than I would like to admit. They are not vegan (contain milk product) but their ingredient list is a lot less scary than the beloved Reeses. I dare to you to try and only eat one (never worked for me).