WE HAVE A WINNER..
THIS GIVEAWAY IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED.
THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED!
Enter the Giveaway:
- For U.S. and Canada residents only.
- You have until Sunday, October 23 at 11:59 pm EST to enter.
- A winner is automatically/randomly generated through Rafflecopter.
- A winner will be announced Monday, October 24 at 12 pm EST via social media and email.
- Use the plugin below to enter the giveaway by performing at least 1 of the dropdown options. You can do as many or few as you like. Certain options are weighted more heavily than others. If you are already following on any of the social media platforms, that is fine – just list your name/username for it to be counted! All entries requiring following/liking will be checked and verified before the winner is drawn – any missing likes/comments will not be credited as an entry.
About Carefull Candles:
Carefull Candles is a small business that launched on Etsy this past May. Caroline, the shop owner, started making her own candles after discovering the hidden dangers found in the big-name conventional brand candles. In an effort to avoid her and her family from inhaling toxic fumes, she starting formulating and pouring her own candles using 100% non-GMO soy wax and 100% non-toxic essential oils/fragrances. Loving how her home-made candles came out, she decided to sell them and the Carefull Candles Etsy Store was born! Fun Fact — Caroline also has a podcast called “Being Carefull: Self Care and The Pursuit of Mindfulness”.
I came across Carefull Candles after much research to find a candle company that met my strict standards. Although there are many soy-based candle companies, not all have a completely clean label. I wanted a candle that was safe from its ingredients to its wick, to its container — you can imagine how excited I was when I found this brand on Etsy!Watch Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download
- Ingredients: 100% non-GMO soy wax | 100% pure essential oils and/or phthalate-free natural fragrances | No additives/fillers
- Wick = Flat Braid Cotton + Paper Fiber (free of zinc, tin, and lead)
- Container = reusable glass jar
Charity = $1 is donated to Hearts2Honduras with every purchase
What we’re giving away:
- (1) 8oz Pumpkin Spice Candle ($16 value)
- (1) 8oz Marshmallow Campfire Candle ($16 value)
Carefull Candles vs. Conventional Scented Candles:
Life would certainly be much more convenient if I didn’t know as much about the chemicals/ingredients in my everyday products. This time of year, Bath & Body Works and Yankee Candle have so many amazing scented candles that immediately make you excited for the fall and nearing holidays. However, these seemingly harmless candles hide an ugly truth. When burned, they release toxic fumes which pollute the air and are harmful if inhaled. For instance, big-name conventional brand candles made with parrafin wax produce benzene and toluene (known carcinogens) when burned. Inhaling these toxins are similar to inhaling the fumes from car exhausts.
Remember, chemicals don’t have to have a harsh odor to be harmful; many are actually odorless! Synthetic fragrances may smell nice but they are still chemicals and can be hazardous to your health.
Care Suggestions from the Carefull Candles Etsy Shop:
- When lighting a soy candle for the first time, allow the wax to melt all the way to the sides of the container – this is usually 3/4 hours long. If you do not have 3/4 hours please wait until you do! Trust me, it will extend the life of your candle tremendously. If you do not let the wax melt all the way to the sides of the container, it may cause a “tunneling” effect, and your candle may not last as long as it is intended too.
- The wicks need to be trimmed before EACH and every burn, failure to do so may result in black spots in the candle, a shorter burn time, and soot.
You can now order the SmelltheRoses.com inspired Carefull Candle in their Etsy shop.
On behalf of Carefull Candles and Smell the Roses, I would like to wish you all a happy fall season and good luck!